Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Baby Consignment Food Drive - For the month, bring non-perishable food items (diapers also needed) and save the tax on your purchase at Baby Central Consignment all items collected will go to the Kentville Food Bank. Drop off during business hours, 7106 Highway 1, Coldbrook
• Jam Session - Cambridge Community Centre weekly Jam Session 7 p.m. Please bring treats/sweets for a lunch if you can. Free coffee/ tea. Freewill offering at the door
• Christmas Coffee Party – 11 a.m. Enjoy Christmas treats with friends. Freewill offering. Berwick United Church. All welcome.
• The Forgotten Carols – Will be presented by the Stage Prophets at University Hall, Wolfville. Tickets available at Box of Delights, Designer Café or St. Joseph’s Church office $15
• Charity Hockey Game - RCMP vs. NKEC hockey game that is going on at Glooscap District Arena Canning, 7 to 8:20 p.m. All the funding is going to NKEC breakfast program.
• Brown Bag Lunch - Don Wells will speak on the topic "Valley Hospice Foundation" at noon in the Acadia Room, 2nd floor, KC Irving Center. Change of location for this week only.
• Friendly Neighbours Christmas Hamper Program - Applications for Christmas Hampers are available at the following stores; Foodland, Coldbrook, Save Easy and Foodland Berwick, Sobeys Greenwood, Needs Aylesford, Pharmasave in Kingston, Bert’s in Auburn. Must be completed and returned where picked up not later than 7th. Applications will not be accepted after that date.
• Christmas Festival – Country Christmas family weekend at New Ross. Visit www.newross.ca for schedule.
• Craft Show - at NKEC in Canning, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Door prize, canteen, babysitting available. Sponsored by the band parents. Admission $2, kids 12 and under free. Info or to book a table NKECCraftshow@gmail.com
• Free Community Breakfast – 9-10:30 a.m. Join us as we celebrate the reason for the season. First Cornwallis Baptist Church, Upper Canard.
• Breakfast - All Saint’s Anglican Church Kingston, Pleasant Street (turn west off Bridge Street), 8-10 a.m., $7.
• Breakfast – Held by the Hantsport and District Lions Club at the Lochartville Community Hall, Hutchinson Rd., 7-10 a.m. Adults $6, children six to 12 $3, five and under free.
• Tea and Sale - South Alton Christmas tea and sale, 2 to 4 p.m. Freewill offering
• Breakfast with Santa - and bake sale, 8-11 a.m., North Alton Community Hall. Freewill donation, minimum $5. Candy canes for the kids.
• Legion Breakfast - Kentville Royal Canadian Legion, River St. 7:30 to 10 a.m. Adults $5, children 12 and under $3.
• Art Show – 1-4 p.m., Wolfville medical centre, 4 Little Rd. Artist Ron Stuart.
• Hardy Breakfast – Masonic Hall, 110 Mill Street, Berwick, 8-10:30 a.m. Adults $6, children $3.
• Dance - Kentville Legion dance, 9:30 p.m. $6 per person. Music by Rte. 12.
Dec. 8- 9
• Craft Fair - and tree decorating contest 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Forties Community Centre, New Ross. No admission. For information, call 689-2612 or 689-2000
• Christmas House Tour - Will be held at 6 p.m. Five places to view in the Kingston, Wilmot, Auburn and Torbrook area. Including the Kingston United Church of Canada, where festive refreshments are available. $10. Tickets available from Kingston Pharmasave, Chisholms Pharmacy in Aylesford, Joann Corey 765-0105 .
• Christmas Hymn Sing - at Wolfville Ridge United Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Music provided by choir and members of congregation. Freewill offering. Refreshments and fellowship to follow.
• Flea Market – Kentville Royal Canadian Legion, 8 a.m.-noon. Admission $1.
• Christmas Carol Sing - at The Forest Hill Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Refreshments and carolling.
• Benefit - Silent benefit auction for Darren Brown, 2 p.m. until all items are sold, at Dooly’s
Free will offering, auction, mystery envelope, raffle tickets, and bake sale. For more, e-mail email@example.com
• Valley Gardeners Club - meeting at 7:30 p.m. in room 2101, Kingstece. Christmas social, not a business meeting or program, members are asked to bring their favourite holiday savory or sweet finger food to share. The 2013 edition of the handbook will be available to members.
• Careforce Alzheimer Café - at Kings Riverside Court, Kentville, 2-4 p.m. No cost. Open to the public. For more information, please call 365-3155.
• Coffee and Decorating Ideas - at 9:30 a.m. by Kentville & Area Women's Connection at the Berwick Lions Club Hall. Music by Mary Anne Doherty Fleet, decorations by Mary Lou Power and speaker Stephanie Robbins. $8. Call Peggy, 678-5522, before Dec. 12 for reservations.
• Songs for a Winter’s Night – North Mountain Chorus concert, 7 p.m., at Berwick United Church. Special appearances by the ‘Shoretones’, Saxappeal’, Jon Hemingway, and other musical entertainment by some very talented choral members. Freewill offering with proceeds to local food bank.
• Christmas Jam - Cambridge Community Centre will be hosting a Christmas Jam Session and Ticket Auction, 7 p.m.
• Meaning of Christmas - Brickton Community Hall, 12062 Hwy # 1 Brickton, the real meaning of Christmas. Pageants by eight young people and a birthday cake at intermission. Canteen, 50/50 draw and door prize. Freewill donation at the door.
• Breakfast – at Kingston Baptist Church, Main St., 8-10 a.m. Freewill offering. All proceeds donated to the Kingston Elementary School's lunch program.
• Dance - Kentville Legion Dance, 9:30 p.m., $6 per person. Music by Still Doin Time
• Wolfville Lions Breakfast - 36 Elm Ave., 7 to 10 a.m. Adult $6, children $3. Proceeds to Wolfville Lions Community service work.
• Lions Dance - Coldbrook Lions Dance, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., $6 per person. Music by Rte 12. For information, call 678-0650
• Flea Market – Kentville Royal Canadian Legion, 8 a.m.-noon. Admission $1. Please bring sweets for a lunch if you can and a non-perishable food item for the food bank will get you in the door.
• Breakfast with Santa - 8 to 11 a.m., Forties Community Centre, adults $6, under 12 $3.50 and under five free. Santa will be there to meet the children. For information, call 689-2612 or 689-2000
• Breakfast - Coldbrook Lions all you can eat breakfast. Freewill offering, 8-11 a.m. For information, call 678-0650
• Fundraiser – Third annual Musical Gift for the Kingston Food Bank at Kingston Lions Club, 2-4 p.m. Freewill offering, traditional Christmas music featuring Chris Palmer, Brad Hewey, Sonlight, Gina Potvin and Graham Moorehead.
• Unique Carol of the Bells Service - at Torbrook Mines United Church, 7 p.m. Special music by Berwick Hand Bell Choir with candlelight, readings, and carols. Freewill offering.