Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to email@example.com; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
February to March 12
Arts and Crafts - The Annapolis Valley Chapter of Autism Nova Scotia is offering a six-week after-school Arts and Crafts program. Free, seven spaces for children between the ages of six and 10 years with Autism Spectrum Disorder, one group leader and one support person to supervise, 6:30- 7:30 p.m. at Aldershot Elementary School. Registration: contact Denise at 678-6709 or 670-8294
• Meeting - of the Annapolis Valley Decorative Artists, 7 p.m., at the Greenwich Fire Hall. Anyone interested in decorative art is welcome.
• St. Valentine Luncheon and Auction - by Augustine Church Guild at the Forties Community Centre. Doors open at 11:30 a.m., luncheon at noon. Adults $, children $3, preschoolers free. Storm date Feb. 15.
• Valentine Candlight Dinner - at the Aylesford United Church. Storm date: Feb. 15. All tickets to be pre-sold, $25 per couple, $15 per person, limited seating. Call 847-3507 or 847-9774
• Valentine’s Dinner - sponsored by the Port Williams and District Lions Club at 7 p.m. at the Port Williams Community Centre, $40 per couple. Door prizes and entertainment. In support of Brigadoon Village. For tickets, contact any Lions Club member or call 678-6532. Storm date Feb. 15.
• Music Night – with Bev, starting at 9 p.m. at the Canning Legion. Open to everyone 19 plus. Minimum cover charge of $2 per person. Enjoy great music.
• Good Neighbour Club Breakfast - at the Centreville Community Hall, 7-10:30 a.m. Freewill offering. Everyone welcomed.
• Coldbrook Lions Breakfast - all you can eat, freewill offering. For information, call Marsha 692-0579
• Dance - Coldbrook Lions Dance, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., $6 per person. Music by Rte 12. For more information, call 538-8050
• Crib Tournament - Kentville Legion Ladies Auxiliary crib tournament. Registration 12:30 p.m., play at 1 p.m. upstairs, $20 per team. Lunch served compliments of the ladies
• Breakfast – held by Scott’s Bay Community Hall Association, 8-10 a.m. Adults $5, under 12 $2.50. Proceeds for hall upkeep. For more information, contact Jerry at 582-7489 or Hope at 582-3603.
• Variety Music Night – held by the Kingston Lions at the Kingston Lions Hall, 7 p.m., admission $5. Performances by Valley Blue, Chad Brown and Lois Lutz, and Wanda Beaudoin (Newfie)
• Legion Dance – Held at the Kentville Legion, 9:30 p.m. $6 per person, music by Sidewinders.
• Potluck and Service - ACTS of Worship (formerly Rally in the Valley), Coldbrook Baptist Church. Fellowship/potluck supper 5:30 p.m., service 7 p.m. All ages welcome.
• Church Breakfast - Aylesford United Breakfast Church, 8-11 a.m. Freewill offering. Sponsored by the Committee of Stewards for church expenses.
• Lions Breakfast - Wolfville and District Lions Club monthly breakfast, 7-10 a.m. at the Lions Hall Elm St. Wolfville. Adults $6, children under 10 years $3. Proceeds towards Lions Community Services.
• Benefit - Benefit breakfast for Feb. 9 at the Burlington Community Hall for Linda Mapplebeck has been rescheduled to Feb. 16, 8 a.m.
• Roast Beef Supper - Forties Community Centre, 1787 Forties Rd., New Ross. Adults $11, children five to 12 $5.50, under five $2.50, 4:30-6 p.m. For information, call 689-2000 or 689-2312
• Benefit Supper - for Sandra Comeau of Cambridge to help with medical expenses, at the Waterville Fire Hall, 4:30-6 p.m. Menu will be Jim Lamb ham, potato scallop, beans, and assorted desserts. Call Alice Oickle, 538-1352, to volunteer to work or donate.
• Taoist Tai Chi – Beginner classes at Berwick town hall gym, Feb. 18, 6-7:30 p.m.; Kentville Lions Club Feb. 19, 6-8 p.m. and Feb. 21, 12:30-2 p.m. For more, call 678-4609.
• Historical Society Meeting - at 2 p.m. in the Wolfville Fire Hall. Guest speaker Dr. Julian Gwyn, speaking on the History of the N.S. Fruit Growers’ Association, which is nearing its 150 anniversary. Everyone welcome.
• Coffee House for Foreign Aid - Central Kings High School Beyond Borders club, are hosting a coffee house with entertainment and refreshments 7-9 p.m. All money raised will be used to purchase necessities for impoverished communities.
• Auditions – Will be held Feb. 21, 7:15-9 p.m. and Feb. 24, 1-4 p.m., for spring production at the Morfee Centre. Play will run for five performances in May. Rec or club pass needed if chosen.
• Birthday Bash - H.A.R.T.'s fifth Birthday Bash Dance, 8 p.m. to 12 a.m., doors open at 7 p.m. Music by Handsome Devil (classic and new rock). Veggie and meat chili, with dessert, $10 per person. Silent auction and raffles at the Berwick Fire Hall - 341-HART for more details.
• Breakfast - All Saints' Church serving a full breakfast. All Saints' Church Hall, Pleasant Street, Kingston (turn west off Bridge Street) 8 a.m. Cost $ 7. Everyone welcome.
• Hang Out Night – 7-9 p.m., White Rock Community Center (use the back lower entrance). $2 individual, $5 family. Social time with neighbors and friends, board games, table tennis, air hockey or Wii system available. Bring games, musical instruments as well. For more, call 542-3805 or http://www.whiterockhall.ednet.ns.ca/exercise1.html
• Card Party - Cornwallis New Horizans Club Canning, 45’s Card Party at the Seniors Room, Canning Lions Hall. Registration 1 p.m., games start 1:30 p.m., admission $2. Prizes and refreshments, 50/50 tickets.
• Dance - Kentville Legion Dance, 9:30 p.m. $6 per person. Music by Country Heat.
• Opening - Salvation Army Kentville, opening celebration, 5:15 to 7:30 p.m. Lots of entertainment and snacks. Learn about programs offered for all ages.
• Darts - Kentville Legion Mixed Doubles Dart Shoot. Registration 9:30 a.m., start time 10 a.m., $25 per team. Call 678-8935 to register. Cash prizes awarded based on number of teams.
• Dinner and Auction - Friends of the Villages and West Kings Rink Assc. invite everyone to The Royal Canadian Legion Br. #098 in Kingston. Cordon bleu dinner, live auction followed by dancing to Route 12. $20 for the evening or you may purchase separate tickets to dinner $10 or dance $10. Doors open at 6 p.m. Quilt draw will be held. Tickets available at Greenwood Scotiabank or call Janet at 765-7707, Linda at 765-2564, Muriel at 765-8605 or Rose at 765-6322. Advace purchase of dinner tickets, but dance tickets may be purchased at the door.
• Variety Show – 2-5 p.m. at the Kentville Legion. Admission $ 5, 50/50 draw, door prizes, canteen. Country Heat, Basil Davidson, Cy Brown Band and more. All proceeds for the Kinette Club of Kentville & District
• Praise Service – 7 p.m., at the Kingston Baptist Church, Main St, Kingston. Special music guests The Glorylanders. Time of fellowship and refreshments to follow. All welcome.
• Meeting - General meeting and election of directors, to be held at West Brooklyn Hall. Storm day March 4.
• Photography Lecture - 7:30 p.m., Room 10 Huggins Science Hall, Acadia University. Open to the public, 34th Annual Huggins Science Seminar, "Ocean Soul: A Story of Love, Discovery, and Hope," public lecture by Photographer and Photojournalist (National Geographic Magazine) Brian Skerry. Information contact Dr. Michael Stokesbury 585-1195 or Fax 585-1059
• Meeting - Northville Farm Heritage Centre annual general meeting at 7:30 p.m, in Heritage Hall. All are welcome to attend.