Gaspereau Valley Elementary School was a busy spot recently as students and parents attended parent/teacher meetings and visited a book fair held by Home and School. The proceeds from the book fair purchased $750 in new books for the school library. - Submitted
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Lunch - VON Lunch Bunch. Noon- 1 p.m., Berwick United Church. $8 a person. RSVP: 678-1733
• Jam Session – 7-10 p.m., North Alton Hall. Door prizes, lunch. Admission by donation
• Breakfast - Wolfville Legion. 7:30 to 10 a.m. $6. Proceeds to legion expenses.
• Winter Frolic – Northville Farm Heritage Centre. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. All ages. Horse drawn sleigh rides, hot chocolate, hotdog and marshmallow roast. Blacksmithing and oil painting demonstrations. Freewill admission. Storm date:
• Celebration and dance - Black History Month celebration, 8 p.m. Tickets: $10. Info: email@example.com or 678-3390. Dance starts at 9 p.m. (Ages 19 and older) Sponsored by Kentville and Area African Education Committee.
• Dance - Kentville Legion dance, 9:30 p.m., music by Appaloosa, must be 19 and over, bar and kitchen available.
• Country Breakfast & Silent Auction -
Greenwich Fire Hall, 8-10 a.m. $8 per person, $5 under 12 and under five free. Info: Darlene at 542-3498. All proceeds to the rebuilding fund for the Black River Community Hall
• Variety Music Night - 7 p.m. at the
Kingston Lions Hall, $5. Ticket sales at the door commencing at 6 pm. Canteen and 50/50 tickets. Phone 765-2128
• Hawaiian Tea - Lakeville Women’s Institute is hosting an afternoon tea, “Escape To Hawaii,” 2-4 p.m., at the Lakeville Community Hall. Freewill offering, will be donated to the Valley Hospice.
• Breakfast - St. James Anglican Church, Kentville, monthly breakfast, 8-10 a.m. Minimum donation $6
• St. Valentine Luncheon and Auction - doors open at 11:30, lunch at noon. Adults $9, children $4, preschoolers free. Forties Community Centre Forties, New Ross. Sponsored by St. Augustine Church Guild
• Card Party -Cornwallis New Horizens Club, 45’s Card Party in the seniors room at the Canning Lions Hall. Registration 1 p.m., games at 1:30 p.m. Admission $2, prizes and refreshment, 50/50. Info: 678-2030 or 582-7346
• Fish and Chips Supper - Royal Canadian Legion, Kingston, 5-7 p.m., $7 to eat in or $7.50 to take out. Tickets may be obtained at the bar. Info: 765-4428.
• Tribute - Black culture awareness event. Canning Baptist Church. Sing Out, Go Tell it in the Valley, tribute to Black spiritual and gospel music. 7 p.m. North Avenue, Canning. Proceeds for furnace fund. Storm date: March 2.
• Roast Beef Dinner - in support of the West Kings Football Team, 4:30-6:30 p.m., at the Aylesford Lions Club, 50/50, silent auction. Freewill offering.
• Meeting - Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW Wolfville) meeting at 7:15 p.m., Manning Memorial Chapel Hall; Club Night special activities.
• Science Fair - Landmark East School 30th annual science fair. Elementary and middle school students have been exploring concepts of sustainability through their science fair projects.
Viewing: 6:30-8 p.m.
• VON Lunch Bunch - 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the New Minas Sobey’s community room, $8 person. RSVP: 678-1733
Talk - New strategies for exploring and sharing African Nova Scotia History, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Fountain Commons, 26 Crowell Dr., Acadia University.
• Spaghetti Supper – 5-6:30 p.m. at the
Christ Church Hall, Berwick. Tickets: 538-0055 or 538-8545
• Hantsport Lion’s Breakfast – 7-10 a.m. at the St. Andrews Anglican Church Hall, Chittick Ave. Hantsport. $6 per person, children six to 12 years $3, five and under free. Proceeds for Lions Community Srevice Programs.
• Breakfast – at Bethany Memorial Baptist Church, Aldershot Road, 8-9:30 a.m. Freewill offering, proceeds for roofing project.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m., $6 per person, 19 and over. Music by Big Deal.
• Benefit Show – 1-4 p.m., Kentville Legion, proceeds to branch, freewill offering at the door, lots of local musical talent, auction, 50/50, canteen.
• Crib Tournament - Forties Community Centre, New Ross, doors open at noon, registration 12:30, play starts 1 p.m. $20/team. Info: 689-2147
• Roast Beef Supper – 4-6 p.m., at the
Lockhartville Hall, Hutchinson Road. Adults $12, under 12 $6. Take-out available for pickup,
call after 3 p.m., 684-0977
• Hymn Sing - 7 p.m. at the Stoney Hill Baptist Church, Lockhartville, special guest Cornerstone. Lunch to follow.
• Pancake Supper – held by Pine Ridge Middle School Concert Band, supported by the Greenwood Scotiabank, at the Aylesford United Church (2414 Hwy 1) 4:30-6 p.m. Freewill offering at the door. Info: 765-7570.
• Shrove Tuesday - pancake supper, 4:30-6:30 p.m., at the Waterville fire hall, freewill offering for Hardwood Lake Girl Guide Camp.
• Pancakes - All Saints’ A.C.W. annual Shrove Tuesday supper, 4:30-6 p.m., at the All Saints’ Church Hall, Pleasant Street, Kingston. $10 family rates, take out available.
• Meeting – of the Wolfville and Area Newcomers', 7:30 p.m., doors open 7 p.m., at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market Building. Speaker Robert Shears
• Course - New Beginnings Christian Ministries is sponsoring a Christian growth and inner healing course, 7 p.m., at the New Beginnings Center, Greenwood.
• Kentville Legion Breakfast - 7:30-10 a.m. at the Legion Hall. Adults $6, children 12 and under $3.