Landmark East students learned about the big picture of waste management, the impact on the environment and how they can do their part to make it work recently. Bonnie Clemens, industrial, commercial and institutional co-ordinator of Valley Resource Management, visited the school and led an interactive presentation on the three R's: reduce, reuse and recycle. Landmark East is introducing a new recycling system with a grant from the Resource Recovery Fund Board and encouraging all students and staff to participate. From left are Glen Currie, director of students; Kaitlyn Coole; Clemens; and Phil Arsenault. - Submitted
• Roast Beef Dinner - in support of the West Kings Football Team, 4:30-6:30 p.m., at the Aylesford Lions Club, 50/50, silent auction. Freewill offering.
• Meeting - Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW Wolfville) meeting at 7:15 p.m., Manning Memorial Chapel Hall; Club Night special activities.
• Science Fair - Landmark East School 30th annual science fair. Elementary and middle school students have been exploring concepts of sustainability through their science fair projects.
Viewing: 6:30-8 p.m.
• VON Lunch Bunch - 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the New Minas Sobey’s community room, $8 person. RSVP: 678-1733
Talk - New strategies for exploring and sharing African Nova Scotia History, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Fountain Commons, 26 Crowell Dr., Acadia University.
• Spaghetti Supper – 5-6:30 p.m. at the
Christ Church Hall, Berwick. Tickets: 538-0055 or 538-8545
• Hantsport Lion’s Breakfast – 7-10 a.m. at the St. Andrews Anglican Church Hall, Chittick Ave. Hantsport. $6 per person, children six to 12 years $3, five and under free. Proceeds for Lions Community Srevice Programs.
• Breakfast – at Bethany Memorial Baptist Church, Aldershot Road, 8-9:30 a.m. Freewill offering, proceeds for roofing project.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m., $6 per person, 19 and over. Music by Big Deal.
• Pancake Supper - Canning United Baptist Church, 4-6:30 p.m., $8 per person. Proceeds go towards new furnace for the church.
• Dinner, Dance, Auction - The Kings County Federation of Agriculture dinner, dance and silent auction fundraiser at the Waterville Fire Hall, doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets $20, must be purchased in advance: 678-7722.
• Benefit Show – 1-4 p.m., Kentville Legion, proceeds to branch, freewill offering at the door, lots of local musical talent, auction, 50/50, canteen.
• Crib Tournament - Forties Community Centre, New Ross, doors open at noon, registration 12:30, play starts 1 p.m. $20/team. Info: 689-2147
• Roast Beef Supper – 4-6 p.m., at the
Lockhartville Hall, Hutchinson Road. Adults $12, under 12 $6. Take-out available for pickup,
call after 3 p.m., 684-0977
• Hymn Sing - 7 p.m. at the Stoney Hill Baptist Church, Lockhartville, special guest Cornerstone. Lunch to follow.
• Pancake Supper - 4:30-6 p.m., at Trinity United Church, Waterville. Freewill offering for church upkeep.
• Pancake Supper – held by Pine Ridge Middle School Concert Band, supported by the Greenwood Scotiabank, at the Aylesford United Church (2414 Hwy 1) 4:30-6 p.m. Freewill offering at the door. Info: 765-7570.
• Shrove Tuesday - pancake supper, 4:30-6:30 p.m., at the Waterville fire hall, freewill offering for Hardwood Lake Girl Guide Camp.
• Pancakes - All Saints’ A.C.W. annual Shrove Tuesday supper, 4:30-6 p.m., at the All Saints’ Church Hall, Pleasant Street, Kingston. $10 family rates, take out available.
• Meeting – of the Wolfville and Area Newcomers', 7:30 p.m., doors open 7 p.m., at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market Building. Speaker Robert Shears
• Pancake Supper - 4:30-6:30 p.m., St. James United Church, Hantsport. Freewill offering, all proceeds going to Hantsport and LE Shaw school breakfast programs.
• Sausage and Pancake Supper - 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., St. John's Anglican Church Hall, Port Williams, $7 for adults and $4 for children.
• Pancake Supper - 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Christ Parrish Hall, Windsor. Adults $7, children 12 and under $3.50. Info: 790-6173
• KCA Family Movie Night - 6 p.m. in cafeteria, doors open at 5:30. Bring a camp chair and blanket, canteen available. Freewill donation at the door to the PTA. Parents required to stay with children. Open to the public.
• Course - New Beginnings Christian Ministries is sponsoring a Christian growth and inner healing course, 7 p.m., at the New Beginnings Center, Greenwood.
• Kentville Legion Breakfast - 7:30-10 a.m. at the Legion Hall. Adults $6, children 12 and under $3.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m., 19 and over, $6 per person. Music by Rte. 12
• Luncheon - Kingston Lions noon luncheon, 12-1 p.m. $8 at the door, $8.50 delivered. Deliveries must be ordered by 10:30 a.m. on the 11th. Phone 765-2128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org