Advertiser Register logo
The fire that gutted a garage located in Berwick on Nov. 27 has been deemed non-suspicious.
The fire marshal’s office has determined the fire was electrical in origin.
Members of the Berwick and District Fire Department were called to the scene just after midnight and found the building fully involved by the time they arrived.
Berwick Fire Chief Laurie Saunders said the garage housed a vehicle and other family items, all of which were destroyed in the fire. The blaze was intense enough to melt siding on the neighbour’s home.