The Village of New Minas has to wait a little longer to know whether or not it can grow.
The application was put forth in January 2011 to expand the village boundaries south of Highway 101. Seventeen property owners of the subject land, known as Canaan Ridge or New Minas South, are involved, along with the village. The county is opposing the expansion.
In a Nov. 21 letter to the applicants, the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board stated its deliberations are continuing and no decision is expected before mid-January 2013.
- Read more special articles :
- - County of Kings won’t pursue UARB decision any further
- - UPDATED: Village of New Minas good to grow
- - New Minas expansion hearing continues
- - June UARB hearing for New Minas boundary expansion
Hearings took place over three days in June in New Minas. After the hearing, the board asked the parties for a number of additional submissions, which were received in August.