By John DeCoste
At 4 p.m., Waterville and District firefighters responded to a false alarm at the Kings Regional Rehab Centre.
At 8 a.m., Canning firefighters responded to a chimney fire on Highway 221 in Gibson Woods.
Firefighters from Kentville, Waterville, Berwick and Aylesford were kept busy from about 10 a.m. to after 4 p.m. with a series of weather-related vehicle collisions on Highway 101. A total of six people were transported to hospital.
At 10:15 a.m., New Minas firefighters responded to a vehicle leaking gas in the County Fair Mall parking lot in the village.
T 10:15 a.m., Greenwich firefighters responded to a medical emergency in Sunken Lake.
At 9:45 a.m., New Minas firefighters responded to an electrical problem in a rental unit on Highland Avenue
At 1:40 a.m., Waterville and District firefighters responded to a report of a van of fire on Cambridge Mountain Road. On arrival, they found two vans on fire; flames from the first vehicle had caught the second one parked close by. The fire was determined to be accidental in nature, and caused by a problem with an extension cord plugged into a block heater in the van where the fire started.