Saturday night fire damages Wolfville duplex

John Decoste
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Kings County breaking news

A kitchen garbage can was the source of a fire in Wolfville Saturday night.

Firefighters responded to a fire in a duplex Jan. 19 on Marsh Hawk Drive.

According to fire Chief Kirk Fredericks, a passing taxi driver noticed the fire and sounded the alarm. In the meantime, some friends of home’s residents – students who were away at the time -  who happened to be passing by entered the house and had the fire extinguished by the time firefighters arrived. Fire crews traced the fire to a garbage can in the kitchen that had caught fire

Fredericks praised the friends for their prompt action, which probably saved the fire from causing more damage.

As it was, there was damage to a wall and part of the floor in the vicinity of the fire, in addition to that caused by the efforts of the firefighters, and some smoke damage throughout the residence.

Geographic location: Wolfville

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments