• At 10 a.m., Canning firefighters responded to a tree down over power lines on Bains Road in Atlanta.
• Around noon, Waterville and District firefighters responded to trees down over power lines on Prospect Road in South Waterville. A firefighter who lived nearby checked it out and found it was nothing serious, so the response was cancelled.
• At 3:28 a.m., Wolfville firefighters responded to power lines arcing near the Atlantic Theatre Festival building on Main Street in Wolfville. It turned out a tree had broken off in the wind and fallen across the lines. The incident blew a transformer, and according to Wolfville fire chief Kirk Fredericks, “caused quite a light show.” Firefighters monitored the scene until Nova Scotia Power personnel arrived.
• At 8:20 p.m., New Minas firefighters responded to a propane leak at Canadian Tire in New Minas, and were able to plug the leak before any damage occurred.
• At 4 a.m., Kentville firefighters responded to a propane leak at a business on Highway 1 in Coldbrook.
• Wolfville firefighters responded to a chimney fire on River Road in Gaspereau at 3:10 a.m. On their arrival, they found a chimney fire in a large three-story farmhouse with the chimney going up through the middle of the house.
The fire turned out to be not too serious, but it was stubborn to fight. Due to the size of the house, firefighters had to use their aerial ladder truck to reach the top of the chimney. In all, firefighters were on scene about two hours.
• Shortly after 11 a.m., New Minas firefighters responded to a single-vehicle collision on Highway 101, with no injuries.
• At 2:20 a.m., Waterville and District firefighters responded in mutual aid to Berwick with a pumper and tanker to the scene of a house fire on Shore Road in Ogilvie. The mutual aid units remained on scene until around 6 a.m.
• Around 1:15 a.m., Kentville firefighters responded to a chimney fire on Nova Street in Kentville, which turned out to be nothing too serious.
• At 1:45 a.m., New Minas firefighters responded to a report of electrical arcing in a residence on Highbury Road.