© Lawrence Powell / TC-Media Photo
RCMP investigated a possible external threat that prompted a brief hold and secure call at Horton High School Feb. 26.
GREENWICH - The investigation into social media posts that caused Horton High School to briefly go into hold and secure mode earlier this morning has closed.
Kings District RCMP spokesperson Cpl. Glenn O’Halloran said there’s nothing to worry about, and no need for charges.
“We were investigating some online posts and just making sure that there was nothing criminal going on. We were able to establish that there was no criminal activity,” he said, answering questions shortly before 11 a.m. Feb. 26.
Annapolis Valley Regional School Board (AVRSB) spokesperson Kristen Loyst said the precautionary hold and secure lasted about one hour and ended at 9:45 a.m.
“A hold and secure is when external entrances are locked and building access is controlled, while normal activities continue inside the building,” she said.
The call was made in response to an “external threat,” said Loyst.
“We thank the RCMP for their support during the hold and secure.”