Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Meeting - The Wolfville & Area Newcomers Club meets at 7 p.m. at the Wolfville Farmers Market. Come hear speaker Don Crowell, Scotian Hiker.
• Presentation - Wolfville Historical Society presentation by Dr. John Johnson. Talk on “History and Fiction” 7:00 p.m. Room 132, Beveridge Arts Centre, Acadia University.
• Coffee Party – held by the Kentville and Area Women’s Connection, 9:30 a.m., at the Berwick Lions Club. $8 Call 902 678 5522 for reservations
• Dessert Tea – for the New Minas Princess candidate, 7 p.m. in the Louis Millet Community Complex. Admission is $8 for adults and $7 for students and seniors.
• Meeting – of the Valley Women’s Business Network, at Party Central, New Minas, 7-9 p.m. Theme: Dipping your toes into tradeshows. Free to VWBN members, $10 for guests
• Meeting – of theAnnapolis Valley Decorative Artists, 7 p.m., at the Greenwich Fire Hall.
• Dinner and Dance - at Port Williams Community Centre from 6:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Non-Lions Club members are cordially invited to attend. Dinner & Dance $50 per couple. Dance only costs $15 per couple. Call 902-542-3933 for tickets. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Music by The Groove Kings
• Kentville Legion Breakfast - from 7:30 to 10 a.m. Adults $6, Children 12 and under $3
• Annual Spring Auction - held by the Horton Community Centre Association. 7 p.m. Canteen and 50/50 available. 542-3150
• Giant Flea Market - Canning Lions Hall. 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tables can be rented for $5. Free entry.
• Breakfast - at Masonic Hall, Berwick, 110 Mill St. 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Adults $7, children $3.
• Spaghetti Dinner/Birthday Bash – for H.A.R.T., at the Berwick Fire Hall. Noon- 6 p.m. Adults $10, seniors $7, children $5.
• Variety Show – at the Forties Community Centre, New Ross. 1:30 to 4:30 pm. Admission $5
• Musical Auction / Fundraiser – at the Coldbrook Lions Hall, 1:30 p.m. 50/50, bake table, auction, canteen. Freewill offering.
• Story and Craft Time - at the Berwick Library with the Berwick Rangers from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Valley Gardeners Club – at the Kingstec Campus, NSCC, Kentville, room 2101. 7:30 p.m.
• Chicken Supreme Luncheon - at the Kingston Lions Hall, noon-1 p.m. Cost is $9 at the door.
• Annual Meeting – of the Millville Community Hall, 7 p.m. Positions open on executive committee for anyone interested in joining. 902-847-0116
• Wellness Fund Event - annual Wellness Initiative Fund celebration event hosted by Community Health Boards of the Annapolis Valley, 2-4 p.m. at the Berwick and District Lions Hall.
• Clothing Give Away - at Centreville Baptist Church, 870 Murray Drive, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Info 678-3939.
• Breakfast - held by the Good Neighbour Club at the Centreville Community Hall. 7-10:30 a.m. Freewill offering.
• Ladies Auxiliary Crib Tournament - 12:30 p.m., cost $20/team. Lunch provided by the auxiliary
• Parent Café – at West Kings District High School, 2-4 p.m. RSVP by April 10 to email@example.com
• Fountain of Health – Useful tips and strategies for aging positively, Kings Riverside Court, 2 p.m.
• Homeschool Expo - third annual Valley Homeschool Expo, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., NSCC Kentville, 236 Belcher Street