Advertiser Register logo
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Longest Night - Ardyth & Jennifer, 7:30 p.m., at St. James' Anglican Church, Kentville. Tickets $10 at the door.
IB Camp – Hosted by the New Booker School, Wolfville, for families wishing to explore the inquiry-based framework of the International Baccalaureate. Students in grades 2 to 6 will be led by IB teachers in an exploration of the astronomical meaning of the Northern Hemisphere’s winter solstice. There will be music of the spheres, sledding and hot cocoa. 9:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. daily. $70. Enrollment is limited. www.newbookerschool.ca.
• Dance - Kentville Legion Dance, 9:30 p.m. $6 per person. Music by Big Deal.
• Walk - Valley Trekkers, a member of the Canadian Volkssport Federation, will hold the annual Christmas Lights Walk. Meet at the Robie Tufts Monument, Wolfville at 5:30 p.m. for walking at 6 p.m. Dress warmly for this 10-kilometer walk. Small prize for the most "seasonally" dressed. For more, contact Rick Kanne, 847-1772.
• Children’s Party – 2-4 p.m., Royal Canadian Legion, Kentville
• Branch Party - Royal Canadian Legion, Kentville branch party at 9:30 p.m. Members plus one guest have free entry to dance that evening. The dance continues to be open to the general public at a regular charge of $6/person.
• Service - Kentville Christian Reformed Church Christmas candlelight service 6:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served
• Candlelight Christmas Eve Service – Waterville Baptist Church. 6:30 p.m. All welcome.
• Candlelight Christmas Eve Service - Cambridge United Baptist Church. 6 to 7 p.m.
• Christmas Eve Service - 6:30 p.m., at the Stoney Hill Baptist Church, Lockhartville.
• Service - Christmas Eve service at Christ Church, Berwick, 5:30 p.m. carols, 6 p.m. Eucharist
• Church - St. Mary's, Auburn Christmas Eve service, 8:30 p.m. carols, 9 p.m. Eucharist
• Dinner - The "Open Hand" is having a Community Christmas Dinner at New Beginnings Center, 1151 Bridge St., Greenwood at 6 p.m. $5 per person.
• Service - Christmas Eve Service, 5 p.m., at the Forest Hill Baptist Church. Everyone Welcome.
• Non-Denominational Service – at the Harbourville United Church, 6 p.m. Come sing in the Christmas season, wear warm clothing, all ages welcome. The collection will go towards supporting Taylor Roberts, who continues to recover in hospital,
and repairs to the Harbourville United Church.
• Service - St. Mary's, Auburn Christmas Day service 10 a.m. Eucharist
• Run, Roll, Walk - Sixth annual resolution run, roll and walk. Registration 1:30 p.m., with a 2 p.m. start, at the Wolfville Farmers Market. Participation fee a donation of cash or goods for the Wolfville Food Bank. All weather. After, gather for hot apple cider. For more, email@example.com
• New Year’s Dance - at the Berwick Legion 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Music by the Ruth Manning Band. Ticket $25 each, for more information call5388-9304 or 538-3542
• Dance - Canning Royal Canadian Legion New Year’s Dance, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Music by Bev Sheffield. Tickets $30 per couple or $15 single. Limited number. For information call Legion 582-7246 after 4 p.m.
• Dance - Kentville Royal Canadian Legion, River St. New Year’s Dance, 9:30 p.m. Tickets $20/person, available at the bar. Music by Appaloosa.
• New Year’s Levee - 11 a.m., at the Royal Canadian Legion, Canning. Light refreshments and music.
• Levee - Kentville Royal Canadian Legion, River St., Levee 1-4 p.m.
• Bottle Drive - for Central Kings High School Band Trip. 9 a.m. to noon, going door-to-door but based at Coldbrook Foodland.
Meeting - Wolfville & Area Newcomers Club
monthly meeting, 7 p.m., at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market Building. Meetings on the first Tuesday of every month in the Wolfville Farmers’ Market building, open to the public. www.wolfvillenewcomers.org