Waterville Airport sign
County council voted 10-1 in favour of closing the municipal airport in Waterville during a special meeting held tonight.
The closure will take effect Sept. 30. The county has pledged to undertake a business case for a new airport.
- Read more special articles:
- UPDATED: Video - Will Michelin expand onto Waterville airport land?
- Public meeting held on possible Waterville Airport sale
- Waterville airport flying off
- UPDATED: Province, Kings County want to move Waterville airport
Councillor Patricia Bishop told council she would not support the closure due to the process it took to reach the decision.
More to come