© File photo
This file pholo shows the old Bay Road church, which was en route to Scott's Bay. The structure was demolished on Feb. 19.
SCOTT’S Bay - The long derelict and frequently photographed Bay Road Church was demolished on Feb. 19.
According to area resident Jerry Huntley, the little church was opened in 1898. There was also a schoolhouse in the vicinity.
The church was last used for Pentecostal services in the 1970s, but the old by-laws prevented anyone from owning the church, so it was abandoned.