Free public Wifi network comes to downtown Digby
DIGBY, NS – Free public Wi-Fi has officially arrived today, July 14, in downtown Digby.
The Kentville law courts.
KENTVILLE - A Port Williams man answering to more than 20 charges has been released from custody, and must adhere to strict conditions.
The Crown consented to the release of 32-year-old Kyle Joseph Keddy during an appearance in Kentville provincial court July 13. Keddy is released on recognizance, with a $5,000 non-cash surety guarantee noted in his court files.
Kings District RCMP arrested Keddy after receiving reports regarding a number of robberies and thefts occurring throughout the county within two hours of the initial report of a black 2000 BMW sedan being stolen from a business in Wilmot at 3:59 p.m. June 12.
“The black car that had been stolen from Wilmot earlier in the day and used during the commission of all of the incidents was spotted several times by
“When the vehicle was located on Belcher Street in Port Williams, RCMP officers used a spike belt to slow it down. The vehicle collided with a marked RCMP vehicle, and a short time later it left the road and collided with a utility pole. The driver was arrested at the scene and taken to Valley Regional Hospital. He was later released into police custody.”
Keddy stands accused of committing a string of
- Theft of a motor vehicle (based on allegation from Port Williams on April 21)
- Theft under $5,000 (based on allegations that he stole gas from TJ’s Convenience in Aldershot)
- Mischief under $5,000 (based on allegations that he damaged a door)
- Theft of a motor vehicle (It is alleged he stole a 2000 BMW from Goulds Auto Sales in Wilmot June 12)
- Robbery (based on allegations relating to incidents at the Kingston Pharmasave June 12)
- Theft under $5,000 (involving Larry’s Pharmacy in Berwick June 12)
- Robbery (based on allegations that he stole from Mader’s Pharmacy in Coldbrook while armed with a knife June 12)
- Theft under $5,000 (from an incident alleged to have occurred at D&M Service Centre in Kentville June 12)
- Carrying a weapon while committing an
- Four counts of flight from police/evading arrest and operating a motor vehicle in a dangerous manner on June 12 (based on allegations from Greenwich, Port
- Three counts of possession of property obtained by crime in Port Williams June 12
- Assault with a weapon (based on allegations from Port Williams June 12)
- Resisting and obstructing a police officer (based on allegations from Port Williams June 12)
- Two counts of failing to stop at an accident (based on allegations in Coldbrook and Port Williams June 12)
- Possession of a prohibited weapon (based on allegations from Coldbrook June 12)